|Kenneth Patrick WESSEN, BSc Syd., PhD A.N.U., PhD W.Aust.
|Last updated: September 18, 2011
- Head of Algorithmic Trading Products, Asia, The Royal Bank of Scotland
- Adjunct Lecturer, School of Anatomy and Human Biology, UWA
- University medallist in Physics, Sydney University (1990)
- PhD in Theoretical Physics, ANU (1993)
- PhD (with distinction) in Anatomy and Human Biology, UWA (2002)
- JP Morgan - Executive Director, Algorithmic Trading
- UBS Investment Bank – trading platform design and development; automated trading strategy research and development (4 years)
- Various other software engineering roles, as well as a research role with Hypercom Pty Ltd involving e-commerce and intelligent agents (3 years)
- Associate Lecturer then Research Fellow in Computer Science, UWA (3 years)
- Research Fellow in Environmental Engineering, UWA (1 year)
- Lecturer in Physics, Prince of Songkla University, Thailand (1 year)
- Simulation and visualisation of the evolution and migration of species.
- Simulation and visualisation of genealogies and population genetics.
- Coalescent theory.
- Artificial intelligence applications to finance, using populations of agents, artificial neural networks, and genetic algorithms.
- Image processing and computer vision.
- Nonlinear dynamics and invariant manifold theory.
- Fluid dynamics and environmental engineering.
- Programming for engineering, using C and Matlab (1st year level)
- Discrete mathematics and the theory of computation (2nd year level)
- Computer vision (4th year level)
- Nonlinear dynamics (3rd and 4th year level)
I am sole author of the book Simulating Human Origins and Evolution, published by Cambridge University Press (2005). This book presents my research via simulation on the evolution of species and subspecies, development of genealogies, and population genetics in human populations.